The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order with this website two days ago, promptly faxed the FFL license as instructed, and waited a few days for an update. I then tracked down a phone number (no easy task) and called them. During my phone call I learned the the item I ordered was not only unavailable but that the website is managed by someone else and items being listed for sale that are out of stock is a recurring problem. When I asked if there was a similar item in stock, I was told the titanium version of the item I wanted was in stock at 100.00 more than the price of the item I ordered. This came as a shock because the item I ordered had in the description that it was the titanium model and I felt as though I was just subjected to a bait and switch. I'm still left wondering what would have shown up at my FFL if the item was "in stock". I was then even more upset to find out how quickly the availability of the item and it's description was changed on the website as soon as I hung up, after being told it was managed by someone else. If it could be changed that quickly, why is it an issue? Their "satisfaction guarantee" is little comfort when told there's nothing they can do. I've contacted the support staff about the issue but wanted to share this to any potential buyers so they might make an informed buying decision and not be disappointed. I'll keep this thread updated with any and all new information as it becomes available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: ISSUE RESOLVED

TL|DR: I'm getting the gun I ordered at the price I was quoted. They are in every sense of the word honoring their satisfaction guarantee. The means the representative I spoke with should not be underwritten so if you want to know more please read on.

First off, this was a really unexpected surprise. After sending a few more messages through the site, and calling again. I was given the sales departments email to contact them directly. After a short wait I received an email that let me know that my information has been elevated to management and I should expect to hear from them shortly. Within the hour I was on the phone with someone authorized to solve this problem, I'm assuming a manager, we will call him AB. AB apologized for the hassle and lack of customer service I received on my first call, and asked me to go through my entire issue with him. He then not only explained to me why they were having these issues in detail, but the actual steps they are taking right now to correct the issue to ensure this doesn't happen to customers in the future instead of just saying we are looking for a way to fix it, or we are hoping to get it straightened out. He then asked me to confirm that what I wanted was a Taurus Model 85 in Titanium (also asked if I would be okay with stainless if necessary). When I told him that's what I was looking for he placed me on a brief hold(~10Min). When he returned he was happy to explain that the gun shop they are associated with, Florida Gun Exchange, did have two new titanium Taurus 85's in stock (one duo-tone and one matte gray) that he was able to offer. When I asked to have the UPC's of both to check the colors online, he offered and sent photos of the actual items directly to me. After deciding on the duo-tone he obtained my credit card information and rung me out personally over the phone. He also confirmed all the shipping information and let me know he would be sending it 2-Day Air. He thanked me for being patient and for bringing issues about the site to their attention, and that he hopes I am willing to continue to do business with them in the future. I am.

I'll post pics when it arrives.

Note: Not ONCE did I raise my voice, swear, insult, or generally try to make the person feel like it was their fault. (At one point I even apologized for a statement said with some snark) When you are calling you are almost never speaking with the person who has directly or even indirectly caused your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts