The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of selling a few guns, probably shotguns, and I have no idea of the value of them. I did google and only found sites that want you to pay. Is there a free site out there that any one knows about? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
You are on it ! Tell us what you have, myself or several others here can put you in the ball park. Pics showing condition are key to a good appraisal, no website can tell you the condition of your guns, which dictates their value.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
gunbroker is a decent place to start but make sure you look for the sold price and not the asking price. i see ridiculous asking prices on GB and some out and out wrong descriptions of "rare", "original" etc guns. the best bet is to find a reputable gun dealer that will give you an appraisal. then get another. make sure the gun dealer is giving you the price HE would ask if he was selling, not the price he would give you. there are a lot of gun guys on here that could give you a real good idea of their worth or point you to someone who could.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Another vote for Gunbroker completed sales....you can compare the condition of your gun to the photos of the guns that sold...however there is no substitute for a knowledgeable person having the gun in his hands....like appraising a car it is virtuallly IMPOSSIBLE to accurately value a gun without seeing it.....

Not to be argumentative but darned few gun "dealers" can be trusted....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts