The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lebanon's gun totting soccer mom dead along with her husband from a gun shot in their home. Children in the house at the time of the shootings! Police say its a closed crime scene! Means all involved were inside the home !
One more black eye for the gun owners. Lets see if someone can rationalize this.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
This is the one up the road from us that carried open to the soccer game...It [censored] to see people die and also to have a black eye to gunowners...but it makes you wonder about carrying a gun open to a soccer game and the thoughts behind that...

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
I'm not sure what open carrying (legal) to a soccer game has to do with this at all? But the media will spin it that way ... sad.

·
Administrator
30,257 Posts
That's what I was thinking. The media will somehow turn this into her death having something to due with open carry rights

From the limited details of this murder-suicide, it doesn't seem to have anything to due with her case on open carry.

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
BcozHunter said:
That's what I was thinking. The media will somehow turn this into her death having something to due with open carry rights

From the limited details of this murder-suicide, it doesn't seem to have anything to due with her case on open carry.
Yup - wait and see. Every headline already has gun toting soccer mom in it - every article mentions it ... yet it has nothing to do with the story.

·
Registered
16,506 Posts
My very first post in this forum, and possibly my last after I make the following statement.

Domestic violence, poor judgement, possibly mental issues are the more than likely reasons these 2 are gone, Not a gun. That said though, Do any of us here think that open carrying to a kid's Soccer game is a good idea ? Is open carry a good idea while attending an Obama rally ? USE YOUR HEADS FOLKS. If you feel the need to carry in questionable venues, at least conceal. OK, fire up the flamethrower.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Honestly, I open carry everywhere I go. The store, Walmart, Lowes. My reasoning is because I want everyone to know I am not afraid to protect myself or my family.

Have I wore it to church? Absolutely.
Have I wore it to a kids football/soccer game? Absolutely.
Have I been questioned at the game and the establishments? Yup, by the PSP as well.

And just like you all said, this unfortunate accident will not focus solely on them, but the "gun totting mom" title will be in every media headline.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Accident? I don't think so.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Was just having this convo with my wife. I don't feel it's necessary to carry anywhere at all but for the life of me I can't understand why people are fearful of people who do. If I witnessed this I'd probably think she's a security guard off from work or something. Now if she's waving it around like a raving lunatic that's another story.

My neighbor is overly concerned about me walking up the driveway with my bow, scared for her kids safety she says. wacko!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
It's every American's right to open carry as long as they have the proper paper work. You don't have to like it, but it's every American's right none the less.

Very sad that this happened and very sad that the media will spin it like a top.

·
Registered
465 Posts
the thing that suck [censored] about this is as you all said is the media is gonna spin it. they are goin to call into question the mental stability of people who feel they openly need to display a gun, etc, even though there are always bad apples in a barrel. i undersatnd its your igth to open carry, and by all means if you feel you have to folow your rights and beliefs. personally i have a concealed carry permit and feel that many times open carry invites intrusions into your day by law enforcement, and also makes alot of good people, mis or uniformed people on gun rights, gun law, forearm responsibility, etc, unneccasarily nervous when all you have to do is tuck it under your shirt and eveyone wins. i know many are not going to agree with my oppinion, but its just that, an oppinion.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Fleroo said:
My very first post in this forum, and possibly my last after I make the following statement.

Domestic violence, poor judgement, possibly mental issues are the more than likely reasons these 2 are gone, Not a gun. That said though, Do any of us here think that open carrying to a kid's Soccer game is a good idea ? Is open carry a good idea while attending an Obama rally ? USE YOUR HEADS FOLKS. If you feel the need to carry in questionable venues, at least conceal. OK, fire up the flamethrower.

+1

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
moosemike said:
Fleroo said:

+1
Mike, like anything in life you have to use some common sense. It's legal to start smoking at 18, but it's not a smart move. I see it as ones choice and who am I to say it's wrong if it's ones right to do so?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts