The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
They did not mention left handed versions. I have a lefty Lyman in flint. I don't think the TC is made in a left hand version. Couldn't find any mention on their WEB site.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I bought a left handed T/C renegade, .54, percussion, from the "for sale" forum here on HPA a while back, not sure if the lefty's are still in production or not.
Good read on the gun test, I thought Lyman would do a better job on backing their product.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Years ago a friend of mine decided to get into muzzleloading season and he bought a Lyman on my recommendation..I remember the old Lyman gun sights and they were always top notch.....Well, he got his flintlock and the first thing I noticed it was made overseas....No biggy....Next, he brought it over and we put a few shots through it...The gun just didn't seem as high of quality as my T/C. It seemed "tinny"..........Upon cleaning it later,we found that a sizable chunk of wood had been broken out of the stock right below the lock..I know he got rid of the gun right after the season ended. I was very dissapointed at what was obviously a cheap import with the fine "Lyman" name on it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
i never had a problem with lyman they are made in italy my personal opinion is that lyman just seem better built yes warrinty not that great but for the round ball shooters the lyman is the way to go

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Have both TC's and Lymans.Both are well made.Both shoot well for me with round balls.Lymans have a great RB twist.TC has alot of nice brass.Lyman has deeper rifling.Both companies have stood behind ANY problem I've had.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
I can,t even believe that they would even endorse the Lyman after the way they were treated when they called in the problems.Plus, put T/C 30" 1:66 twist barrel on and see what would happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts