The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one tell me a good rifle sling that won`t slide off your shoulder tried many can`t find one I like or works

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I have a "Claw" sling for my turkey gun because everything else slides right of my turkey vest straps and it works well.

My deer rifles all get Montana slings. I like being able to shorten up the sling when in my stand so it's less in the way and swinging around under the rifle. Before I went to the Montanas, I would remove the sling when I was on stand because it was just in the way. Now I tighten it up a bit so it's just enough slack to not interfere with operating the rifle, but no big belly in it under the rifle.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Take a look at sloganoutdoors.com
I have 4 of these. They stay on your shoulder and have some give in them so when you walk you don't feel the weight of the gun dig in your shoulder.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 4 of these. They stay on your shoulder and have some give in them so when you walk you don't feel the weight of the gun dig in your shoulder.
I checked them out on line they look good nothing fancy but practical I think they would be very good when you had to drag a deer out. I had the experience of my gun slipping off my shoulder while dragging a deer and the scope bouncing off a rock I guess that's the only place you can buy them is on line?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Unfortunately that is the only place I know of. We originally bought them at the Cleveland Sport Show when they first came out. I have bought a couple more since then online.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately that is the only place I know of. We originally bought them at the Cleveland Sport Show when they first came out. I have bought a couple more since then online.
OK thanks seen them online at J&G sales for $25.37 + $9.95 for shipping that is the cheapest I have found. just curious what did you pay

·
Registered
743 Posts

Another vote for this sling. I currently own two. Got mine at the Sportsman's show

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I have a "Claw" sling for my turkey gun because everything else slides right of my turkey vest straps and it works well.

My deer rifles all get Montana slings. I like being able to shorten up the sling when in my stand so it's less in the way and swinging around under the rifle. Before I went to the Montanas, I would remove the sling when I was on stand because it was just in the way. Now I tighten it up a bit so it's just enough slack to not interfere with operating the rifle, but no big belly in it under the rifle.
i like the claw

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Another vote for this sling. I currently own two. Got mine at the Sportsman's show
Bought 2 at the Harrisburg show about 6-7 years ago, bought a couple more at gun shows and flea markets when I see them, even ended up with one for a crossbow. Didn't know they were "slones" but recognized the pine tree inside the square.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts