The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I sold a lot of guns for Boscov's back in early 82/83.... I think by 90 they were out of the Sporting Goods and Hardware/tool business.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Bought my bolt .22 at old reliable AF Boyers in slatington in early May. Covid panic was quieting down, but before the riots. They have a mail in preorder system That was pretty painless.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Anyone ever been to Johnson’s in Croydon? Auto parts AND guns, my kind of store 🤣 one stop shopping
The old Johnson's Hardware is closed. They moved across State Rd and opened a gun shop. The old building is now a Mexican Restaurant.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
BTW I did like the old shop. There was a lot of "atmosphere" that is lacking in the new place.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
never been in Johnsons Hardware, but remember Joe the Motorist`s Friend. Dad use to buy his hunting license there until they ticked him off while try to buy his license. Never went back in. That store was just outside Lancaster City.

·
Registered
286 Posts
There’s a place up around Slatington I recall. Hardware and guns all in one...can’t remember the name but definitely want to stop one day when I get back up there and check it out

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I was coming back home from a tuna fishing trip in Ocean City,MD and went into Cabelas in Christiana ,De. There were no shotguns on their side wall..SOLD OUT. A long line to buy the few guns on their racks. Ammo shelves were near bare with no 9MM,357,38's SOLD OUT....Stunning in "Joes" back yard.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A couple years back I bought my 1903 off Gunbroker from the Sporting Goods Division of Jim Flynn's Truck Repair in Glen Gardner NJ.
It's a guy who does heavy truck repair and has a gun store, too.

I think the only way that could be better (beyond being outside NJ) would be to have a barbeque joint attached.

·
Registered
286 Posts
A couple years back I bought my 1903 off Gunbroker from the Sporting Goods Division of Jim Flynn's Truck Repair in Glen Gardner NJ.
It's a guy who does heavy truck repair and has a gun store, too.

I think the only way that could be better (beyond being outside NJ) would be to have a barbeque joint attached.
if there were a bbq joint attached to it, I may actually have reason enough to go to the PRNJ. Shut up and take my money lol

side note (don’t want to start a new thread): anyone know what a block shoot is? Local club is doing a 12ga only one on Sunday for 70/30 pot and meat trays and I’d like to go.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
I avoid cities like the plague and with all these beatings going on in the cities I wouldn't step foot in one without my pistol. Can't blame people for wanting to protect themselves, but it does make it hard to find guns and ammo right now.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Block shoots are typically shotguns shooting at a card with an X on it. Closest BB to the center wins and advances. They are shot at a fixed range and most clubs supply the ammo Not sure how many rounds before they start awarding "prizes".... usually won by a couple old timers shooting what appears to be a regular old shotgun,,,, BUT isn't LOL.

Guy I used to work with started shooting them.... I think in his 3rd year one of the old guys sold him a barrel and he could compete finally with the old boys

21 - 40 of 42 Posts