The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Cabela’s in Hamburg Friday to pick up a TC Impact.

it took 3.5 hours,(had a scope mounted), of which, 2.5 was wait time to get to a “Outfitter” in the gun dept.

they have a system where you put your phone number in and they “hold your place in line” while you shop. I was 24th in line at one point.

People who openly said they “have only ever shot a .22 buying handguns.

It seems That the current situation in the country is rippling through.

Gun sales are booming!

·
Registered
286 Posts
No surprise. And once the panic and nonsense settles down, all these people will turn around and sell again. It’ll be like a kid in a candy store for anyone who buys used guns cheap 😋

good to see Hamburg is selling again though, last I looked into it they immediately told me when they picked up the phone that they “weren’t selling fins and ammo for the foreseeable future”

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
over 15 million background checks for gun purchases since this pandemic and rioting. 3.5 million last month alone. the dems scream about guns, then fuel the fear thru the media and what happens. us smart people buy guns and ammo :) Dems sell more guns than Republicans. if Democrats were smart they would let Republicans take over and gun sales would drop.

·
Registered
329 Posts
over 15 million background checks for gun purchases since this pandemic and rioting. 3.5 million last month alone. the dems scream about guns, then fuel the fear thru the media and what happens. us smart people buy guns and ammo :) Dems sell more guns than Republicans. if Democrats were smart they would let Republicans take over and gun sales would drop.
If democrats were smart. Thats the funniest thing i heard all day.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I think this time around, most people will hold on to their guns, when.....or if, things calm down. I think most will realize numerous rounds of similar situations are a real possibility in the near future.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
So I'm guessing that the store is open for customers again. It was curbside pick-up for the last 2(?) months.... Kind of liked sitting in my truck while they rounded up my order. But somethings were screwed up like no returns.... IDK what you were supposed to do if the pants didn't fit LOL....

As far as guns there was a sign out front saying to call ahead for an appointment(it was also on the store page)

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
was in Walmart outside Ephrata about two weeks ago before the riots started , and the guy in the sporting goods department they were holding their own on most ammo , but couldn`t keep 12 gauge shells in stock because of guys shooting trap. He also said the following Monday they were going to start gun sales again because the were short hand up till then.

·
Registered
286 Posts
A Walmart that still sells funs and ammo? **** I gotta get me to one of those! 🤣

Ammo I can usually find tbh but i haven’t seen a Walmart that sells guns in years (while I was in Maine). All the local ones stopped and when I went to buy 12ga target load in the guy told me “1 box maximum limit and once it’s gone we aren’t getting anymore”.

Mill creek is about the same...temple also. Maybe it’s just because we are closer to reading and Allentown 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The Temple Walmart got rid of guns a long time ago . I thought it was a corporate thing till guys on here mentioned their Walmarts still selling guns.

·
Registered
286 Posts
WanderXC, there is several in the York and Lancaster area that sell both guns and ammo.
dont get down that way often enough but I’m not surprised. Morgantown/elverson doesn’t carry guns I know that

[/QUOTE]
The Temple Walmart got rid of guns a long time ago . I thought it was a corporate thing till guys on here mentioned their Walmarts still selling guns.

That’s what I was to understand. And with the last major media advertised mass shooting, Walmart, target, and half a dozen other places said they were going to stop selling guns and ammo once current stocks were depleted (I want to say dicks sporting goods was one of them also)

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
i am not making this up. apparently some news outfit thought this was worthy of an article. apparently there is a gun organization for african americans called...National African American gun owners. they have a web site and they...African Americans are buy more guns and ammo than ever before. thats good, i dont care. but the very acronym of their organization cast a shadowy light on it....NAAGA
REALLY !!

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
i am not making this up. apparently some news outfit thought this was worthy of an article. apparently there is a gun organization for african americans called...National African American gun owners. they have a web site and they...African Americans are buy more guns and ammo than ever before. thats good, i dont care. but the very acronym of their organization cast a shadowy light on it....NAAGA
REALLY !!

Just can't make this stuff up......😂

·
Registered
286 Posts
I’m not surprised...when all this COVID stuff started one of my coworkers went out and bought her first handgun within a week of lockdown and Wolf declaring gun shops closed.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
WanderXC, there are a few around Lancaster that don`t sell guns. One is near the State Police Barracks just east of the city. Not to hijack the thread , but that is what hurt some other department stores that sold hunting stuff and down sized or removed them all together. Just to name a few are K- mart, Boscov`s ,Sears and J.C. Penney

1 - 20 of 42 Posts