The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in the honesdale, PA walmart and they are in the middle of putting gun display racks back in the sporting goods dept behind the counter....i thought most if not all walmarts were getting rid of gun sales........bob

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
They never got rid of them at the one in clearfield

·
Registered
838 Posts
I understand that they came back to two of the Lancaster County stores late last year.

Our two Lebanon Co. stores still only sell ammo. I asked and was told no plans at this time to return firearms.

Guess it depends on deman.d

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
i miss the walmart guns. gave me somethin to do while the wife was spending my gun money, on dumb crap like food and stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When our WM first wanted to build, they had an agreement not to sell guns for at least 5 years due to a local gun shop being just 1/4 mile down the road. They just started selling guns this past fall.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ours just started selling reloading stuff!!!
No LOCAL shops worth doing business with over here...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Every Wal Mart in Erie, County stopped carrying firearms but the Corry store. BIG MISTAKE on their part seeing as how much revenue gun sales bring to all those rural stores.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Punxsy. Pa. started selling Guns again last Year. Even have some AR types in the Guncase. Would be nice if they sold reloading stuff also.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
bob1961 said:
i was in the honesdale, PA walmart and they are in the middle of putting gun display racks back in the sporting goods dept behind the counter....i thought most if not all walmarts were getting rid of gun sales........bob

Honesdale WM did stop carrying them years ago! Dickson City and Wilkes Barre kept carrying them. Pittston never did. I never understand why a store like Honesdale would stop carrying them with all the hunting in the area, But Dickson and Wilkes WM's kept carrying them.

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
Walmart in State College doesn't sell guns but the Lewistown store does, maybe the one in State will start up again, who knows...

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey broknaero long time no talk to, still want to hunt ???

yeah i used to work at honesdale WM at night on the floor crew and i think when they remoled/rearranged the store they stop selling guns then, not sure what year it was 2005/2006 i think........bob

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Here in SE PA none carry them, until I was up in East greenville Walmart last week. I was surprise that they carried them.

·
Super Moderator
2,490 Posts
Word to the wise, if it matters - WM keeps a written history of a gun purchase. Your personal info (including ss#) and gun serial # is recorded in a notebook kept un-secured under the counter. Caused me to walk away from a purchase.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts