The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody out there own a Remington Expess Gun safe 8-14 gun model It's Remington green with a 9v keypad with thumb latch.. Bro has one can't get into it. wet basement need to get guns out to dry.. I try the using a new 9v out the outside contacts but password isn;t working.. If anybody owns one I need a scaned copy of the safe instructions I can't find them anywhere on the net.. Thanks...

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Is the handle in the <u>totally</u> closed position?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Call a lock smith he can get into the safe in little time. I know it will cost a few dollars but it is the easyest way.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed Liberty last night (after hours) If they can't help me . I have a plasma cutter ready . what a POS lock system..

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
NiceRack! said:
I ended up knocking the key pad off and punched out the locking pin. Got the safe.
It was that easy? Not much for a 'safe' is it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
A good locksmith can replace the lock pad with a combination lock. I had a friend have his converted. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
really sounds like a terrible product for a safe. You not knowing the system got in pretty fast. I assume if a guy had done this a few time, it would be only minutes till entry???

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These were made about 8 years ago as an entry level safe.. Not real heavy but not very secure.. basicly to keep kids and honest people out.. it was a $200 metal gun cabinet. Non Fire rated ...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The funny thing with those electronic key pads is that they have a reset code to set the combo. Once you know the reset code you can probably get into any safe with that model keypad.

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
NiceRack! said:
These were made about 8 years ago as an entry level safe..
A friend bought an expensive safe with the electric combo from Cabela's. The lock failed. Cabela's ended up sending out a locksmith.

I think I'll stick with the old fashion combination lock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts