The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa brought me a fireproof gunsafe. its stored in my basement which is finished, heated and dry although it still gets humid down there at times. what do you guys use for dehumidifier in your safes? i was thinking of getting a goldenrod dehumidifier. i see remington also makes those ones with glass crystals that absorb moisture. curious what everyone else uses and what works best.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I have a goldenrod, and then a can full of desiccants. No problems what so ever.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
goldenrod is what i have used for years in my basement safe. but you need to run the electric cord outside the safe. some safes have plugs that you can use.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I have the little can of desiccant that they sell at Grices......I'm thinking it is called Safe-Dri........anyhow it is a small can with silica desiccant in it, and when the blue beads turn pink, you bake them in the oven to recharge them.........I have never had any issues...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ever come across those little bags that say "silica gel" in shoes? My wife likes to buy shoes, and she gives me the bags for my safe. They are a desiccant. When they buy shoes, we can buy...

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I have one of the Remington ones and haven't had any problems. Just have to recharge it every once in a while. The indicator on the outside will turn to pink when it needs recharged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts