The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
I was in Yellowstone a few years ago, and with all of the grizzlies I saw just from the road, anyone who would camp,like,out in a tent someplace is crazy..I'd want a shotgun loaded with buckshot on me at all times if I were even thinking about a hiking or camping trip out there.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Obama had no choice in the matter on this change because it was stuck in a much larger bill he signed.It is his ONLY gift to the American Sportsmen and gunowners.I was told that in the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia you are now allowed to park on Skyline Drive and load your Rifle or Shotgun and walk to State owned landlocked ground and hunt but if you kill a deer or bear and the park rangers see you dragging it out to your car on park land they can issue you a citation.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i guess you must be talking about long guns. because , the last i new you could not transport hand guns from state to state. seems i read some where , that there was a bill pending that you will so be able to , with a conceal to carry permit, as long as the state you are entering honors your state permit

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
You can transport handguns from state to state as long as you have a valid permit in that state, state is open carry or said state has a reciprocity agreement with Pa.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Big Ken said:
I was in Yellowstone a few years ago, and with all of the grizzlies I saw just from the road, anyone who would camp,like,out in a tent someplace is crazy..I'd want a shotgun loaded with buckshot on me at all times if I were even thinking about a hiking or camping trip out there.
Buckshot would only cheese off a griz.
he would use your gun and your bones to pick his teeth with after eating you, and everyone else with you.
The back up gun in alaska territorties is at miminum a 454 casul.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
A 454 Casul will only [censored] a 1400 pound grizzly off.Its like throwing rocks at them. Alot of guides in Alaska use the 45-70 carbine guide gun and aim for the snout at point blank range.If I had a 454 Casul and was 10 feet from a 1400 pound grizzly I would be shaking in my shoes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts