The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully looking for someone good in western PA that does gun restoration. Anyone have a good/ bad experience they would like to share or if they had a gun restored who did you use? Let me know or pm me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Came across an old rem 141, and want to have it cleaned up/checked over to make sure it's safe to shoot, then needs reblued, some stock work. Everything looks good and functional to me but would like a second opinion. Looking for someone reputable that does good, clean work.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Economy Gun smithing does fabulous work. If you're interested I'll get you the number. Its about 3 miles north of Sewickley PA

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Fayette Gun shop
68 E Church St
Fairchance, PA

724-564-7720

I drive 3 hours one way to use this guy. Never an issue or a problem. A full service shop with an immaculate in-house machine shop.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Lock Stock and Barrel in New Alexandria. Great work and reasonable prices.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. Looked up Fayette GS and Lock Stock and Barrel. I wish they had some pics of the jobs they have done. May have to give them a call unless anyone has some pics of their work. I have heard about Economy GS, and have heard good and bad. They are fairly close to me but not sure if I am willing to take the risk on having a bad restoration job.

·
Registered
655 Posts
John Nesbella, Portage, Pa. My neighbors house burned to the ground, I mean bad. Dug thru the rubble, found some of the guns and took them to john, unreal what that man has done. His work is second to none! If you haven't found some one let me know.

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
Chuck Stewart in Butler does phenomenal work. I had him refinish a shotgun and rifle for me. I was very pleased with the results.

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
bandit1978 said:
I'm a fan of Fred Carper in Washington. HE did the wood on a Winchester 101 and reblued a 1911. Both were exceptional.
That`s good to know. I need a couple of guns refurbished and such.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again everyone. Looking into a guy from Portage that was recommended and also Chuck Stewart & Fred Carper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts