The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one shoot at a club/range that limits the number of rounds in the mag my club has no restrictions on the pistol range but allows one shell at a time on the rifle range just looking for some thoughts/reasonings for or against

·
Registered
852 Posts
My range doesnt have any restrictions as to the number of rounds either on the rifle range or the pistol range. I am looking at a new range to join closer to my house and they have a 3 rd rule same as the PGC range rules. Supposed to be safer according to the game commision website and pretty much rules out large cap mags being used on the range.

·
Registered
25,493 Posts
No such rules at our club. You get a few folks on the ranges with semi pistols and ARs, sometimes it sounds like a fierce fire fight in progress.

Even "worse" during Hi-Power shoots, with a dozen ARs going off at the same time during a rapid fire stage.

Years ago there was a member with an AR carbine he built himself, that had a very light trigger and also a short trigger "stroke". He could empty that thing so quickly, that many used to call and complain about someone shooting full auto on the range.

If I asked those who called, if it was a big guy wearing an old USMC jacket and driving a Mercedes and they said "Yeah, that's him!", I'd tell them it's okay. I had already checked out his rifle, the first time he had brought it out and shot it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts