The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All these new gun owners are certainly encouraging for our industry. I"m afraid the ammo mfg. are going to be behind the eight ball for a while.

Bleak Breaking News:
Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.
FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.
Remington-Maxed out!
Armalite: Maxed out.
DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.
COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.
LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.
Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.
AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation-wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.
MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags; do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.
RELOADERS!!!! ALL Remington, Winchester , CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes....it could be 6-9 months b/f things get caught up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Obama is the best gun/ammo salesman ever.
He should get the Nobel peace prize for this. He just made the nation much safer.
Anyway, I think it will calm down in a few months and it looks like it already started with prices leveling off, supply will increase.

·
Registered
857 Posts
valkrider88: May I ask where you got this info? How reliable is the source? Reason for asking is I recently ordered an XDm from my LGS and i'm trying to put a time frame together. I was told at least 10 weeks (+ or - either way) but your info for SA is telling me different.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
valkrider88 said:
All these new gun owners are certainly encouraging for our industry. I"m afraid the ammo mfg. are going to be behind the eight ball for a while.

Bleak Breaking News:
Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
Remington-Maxed out!
LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.
Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.
AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation-wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.
MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags; do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.
RELOADERS!!!! ALL Remington, Winchester , CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes....it could be 6-9 months b/f things get caught up.

All that and the largest stores, Cabelas, etc. are getting none in. Who is getting all these guns and ammo since these companies are working 24/7 we ill be seeing small gun shops going out of business.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shottieman said:
valkrider88: May I ask where you got this info? How reliable is the source? Reason for asking is I recently ordered an XDm from my LGS and i'm trying to put a time frame together. I was told at least 10 weeks (+ or - either way) but your info for SA is telling me different.
I got this of another gun forum that I have followed and participated in for many years. They seem to be an older crowd and I think a few rub elbows with those in the loop. Just sayin.

The way I interpret this is the gun mfg. want to ramp up, are planning on ramping up, but raw materials will become an issue for sure. As crazy as this market is you will see bottleneck issues in the supply chain. This industry got blindsided like never before, people that never thought of owning a gun are jumping on board. You just can't turn up production like turning on a light switch. most of these mfg. I'm sure have been running lean, mean, and controlling inventory just like any other company in this terrible economy. Now, all of a sudden they are asked to fill the shelves in a matter of weeks!? It just can't be done. If the gun mfg. are up to 100% by April I think we will see the supply increase by mid summer. If they have problems obtaining raw materials I would tend to think we might see some relief by the fall season. this will certainly drive the used gun market for the next several months. Any reputable gun dealer should not be committing to a time frame on receiving new guns because no one has any answers at this time.

Oh, and ammo, that's a whole nudder story !! aarrgg !!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
valkrider88 said:

Bleak Breaking News:
Remington-Maxed out!

Very disheartening. What would we do as a country if this was a nation wide mobilization for war?
just sayin.

6 to 9 months to find primers? It's gonna be a long year.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Hmmmm. The government bought almost 2 billion rounds of ammo last year, mostly for homeland security. We don't know exactly how much the military purchased or how much LE agencies purchased.

DHS just purchased 7,000 PDWs (aka AR 15s).

Seems like the government is trying hard to take guns, gun parts, and ammo out of the hands of citizens...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts