The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Not really sure what you are wanting. Normally oil is used as a lubricant. And some people apply it after they clean their rifle to act as a semi-rust preventitive. But not as a cleaner.

I use bore cleaner for the bore. I use oil to lubricate the moving parts. And I use a rust preventative to keep the rust off my firearms.

I use Slip 2000 for my oil. Especially for AR's. It is a fantastic lubricant.

I use Butchs's for my bore solvent.

I think the mfgs. have used the wrong term for years and it has people a bit confused. Tom.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i agree with hogghead i use butch's bore shine on a boresnake to clean my bore and rem oil to wipe the metal parts down after i clean...seems to really work well and it is quick and easy

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
At the time being I use hoppes #9 as a lead/powder solvent and hoppes benchrest as a copper solvent to get the bore clean then all the metal on the gun gets a coat of rem oil as a lubricant/semi rust preventative. Once this supply runs out I am going to pick up FP-10 for a gun oil and the rest of there line of products because FP-10 has been some of the best I have used so I will try the rest of there stuff.

·
Registered
550 Posts
You can't beat Bore Techs Ellimator to get powder,carbon and copper out.Then finish up with coat of WeaponShield.Just my preference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts