The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seen lot of videos and read a lot. but nowhere can I find the stats on how many of these guns turned in was found to be stolen or used in a crime. most of them are old broken junk. and a few very nice antiques.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I like the idea of going thru the line of people waiting to turn in guns and buying the good ones off them. Sorta like an impromptu gun show!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
R2D2 said:
I like the idea of going thru the line of people waiting to turn in guns and buying the good ones off them. Sorta like an impromptu gun show!
I bet you would be charged with interfering with police operations. On the other hand, if you get one gun it was worth it!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Spur- That is incorrect. This has been happening, i believe in Washington State first. A little gun show with signs and everything popped up right in the street and any guns worth anything were bought by us good guys!

There is nothing illegal about that. Don't let them scare us.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
What are they "buying the back" from? It's like they are in the hands of criminals, and now taking them back for money. The whole idea is bunk. Turn in you junk metal, for ....who knows what. It's pointless, and just a news story. Spare me.

·
Registered
551 Posts
They are useless and even people who work to curb gun violence/illegal guns think they are useless because studies have shown they have no impact. The only thing I've ever heard them being practical for is they make it easy for people who feel they should not have guns to easily get rid of them. There are people like that who don't have the wherewithal or patience or contacts to go through the process of selling a gun through normal channels, but who would like to get rid of one, either because they have an unstable family member of curious kids or anger issues or whatever, or it was inherited or left over from a previous relationship. Those people should have an easy way to get guns out of their house. Gun buy back programs are a feel good exercise for politicians and businesses to make it seem like they are doing good in the community. I am trying to work on how to come up with alternatives for those folks for whom it actually makes a difference (tiny handful) as part of some volunteer work I do because some people really do need some help with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts