The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is written by a Phila Detective. More feel good stuff for the Libs who wanna see guns off the street.
Here's his thoughts...

The Incredible Hulk

The local “journalists” are lauding the turnout of a Trenton gun buy back program. The program was necessary . . . for the children.

The Trenton gun buyback surpassed one in Camden in December that netted more than 1,100 weapons. Mercer County residents received $25 to $250 for each firearm depending on type, condition and legality.

About $100,000 was budgeted but because of the huge turnout, the amount spent is expected to be well over double that. Some participants were given vouchers after money ran out Saturday.

Let me break this article down for you, shotgun style. When Philadelphia unleashes one of these programs, detectives – such as myself – are given the responsibility of logging in the guns and checking their status (owner, whether it was reported stolen, etc.). After doing this a few times a year for almost eight years, I can tell you with surety that nearly 80-85% of these weapons are rusted hulks like the pistol shown above . . .

Now ask yourself a question. Why would someone turn in a decent, working gun when they can either sell it to a dealer (if they’re law-abiding), or sell it to a fellow hood rat (if they’re a thug)? They wouldn’t, and that’s the point.

Now, I realize the gun buy back program is a necessary evil, but it is usually one of those feel-good plans liberals use to tell themselves they’re making a difference on the streets.

I can assure you. They’re not.

Your Local Gunfighter

·
Registered
11,357 Posts

one day I am going to stand outside a buy back and buy myself some new additions to my arsenal. I hope there is one in Harrisburg soon!

·
Registered
111 Posts
hahaha they will probably try to site you with obstruction of justice! I always wondered the same thing when you see nice kept guns on the news in the buybacks

·
Registered
217 Posts
I posted my Gun Buy Back experience on this site a few years ago and got royally flamed by some of the guys here who indicate that they are current or former LEOs... I was surprised at the reaction since it was no reflection on them... but then it occurred to me that maybe I was closer to a universal truth than I realized... You know... that deal about a shoe that fits... Anyway...I had a "raven" semi .25. a junker... took it to a buy back in Monroeville. I just watched for while and saw mostly females... middle age & older giving up some hunting guns and some small revolvers. In exchange they got Giant Eagle gift cards... Maybe $50 or so but THEY DID NOT GET RECEIPTS SHOWING SERIAL NUMBERS OR MAKE & MODEL. I quizzed the cop who was taking in the guns and examining each piece before he put them into a tub or stacked them on a table. He immediately got huffy when I asked him why there were no receipts given for these firearms (any former GI knows that weapons do not change hands without a hand receipt). His unnecessary arrogant manner prompted me to say that this all seemed like a good way for "someone to pick up a cold piece". He acted like I had caught him with his hand in a very hot cookie jar. If this elicits another barrage of flaming responses... well..... If it looks like a duck...etc... Certainly, I did not dispose of that junker at that location.

·
Registered
19,642 Posts
Saw a good one yesterday on the news. They had a buy-back program in new Jersey and collected over 2,000 weapons including a shoulder fired rocket launcher.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Birch812 said:
Saw a good one yesterday on the news. They had a buy-back program in new Jersey and collected over 2,000 weapons including a shoulder fired rocket launcher.
Saw that too.

Without the rocket, it's pretty much a pipe.
I thought it was a bit of a comedy skit...
The reporter was aiming it around around the room.
funniest thing was she had the "business end" pointed behind her.

Maybe she was doing one of those "trick shooting" demos with invisible rockets?

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Birch812 said:
Same thing happened in Seattle. IIRC you could by a demilled tube for $100. They were paying $250. Smart move. Lol

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Birch812 said:
I saw it too. All this is is the "state controlled" media shaping tomorrow, or trying to.

Don't believe the hype.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts