The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking guitar lessons and really into it. I am getting pretty good on the chords and can "play" La Bamba, kind of. But I can not get a handle on playing the Pentatonic Scale. I have looked on You Tube and the videos are so unclear that I can not figure it out. Any suggestions? Please don't suggest that I take ballroom dancing or accordion lessons as I am not French or Polish.

·
Registered
24,786 Posts
You are not alone...I for one have never seen Pentatonioc Scale on any jukebox I have ever seen... Prolly no ne knows the song... So don't be sad...Just keep on playing LaBamba..Long live Richie Valens !!

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Well, I played a long time ago.
Never heard of that thing!
Just ignore it and keep learning.

·
Registered
12,725 Posts
I can`t read music and play by ear. I am ok at rythim guitar but lead is a whole diffeent story as in I stink
Oh, and loud overdriven amps will make you sound better-sort of

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Never could read Music either. Just won`t sink in. Mostly Flat Pick to Bluegrass and Fiddle Tunes Etc. I`ve learn`t about as much as I can Learn.....

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I used to play as a kid...........forgot about 90% of what I knew. I took lessons from a guy who was a lead , and lead singer in a country band. He is still playen today...

It is on my short list to pick up a guitar and learn again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts