The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was looking to run a few guided goose trips out of pa and wanted to know what I need to do so such as guides permit, licenses etc. any help would be appreciated and I'm not lookig for negative feedback on this subject.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If you are "guiding"---ie. taking people for hire---on a boat on any of the Naviagable Waters of the US you will need a US Coast Guard Captain's license and the appropriate liability insurance.
I'm not sure what restrictions the Game Commission has on guiding now.

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
And along with what Paul said, you'll need a first aid course certificate too. Don't know if it's basic or advanced, but that was included in the request I made to the PF&BC about getting a guides license.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Diamondrock said:
I'm looking to guide strictly field hunting on private property only
Then unfortunately, you don't need a single thing to be a "guide" in PA right now (other than turkeys of course that already requires licensure), though I am of the thinking...like MOST others, that there certainly should be at least some minimum requirements to guide in PA. I recommend at least liability insurance and a good advanced first aid/CPR course and if you really wana do it right an AED of some kind. Other than that, notarized affidavits obsolving the landowners of any/all liability would be good to have as well...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Now that I see your location, do you really think our area needs more "guides"? With a poor few exceptions, I have seen what those knuckleheads do on the tribs and I have to say it's a total joke. I also hunt a good portion of NW PA as do many friends and aquaintances and have tried very hard to cultivate good relations with each and every landowner that allows me to hunt as I'm sure they do also. I know many...many hunters who would be none to happy to have some fool lose us permission to hunt what few area we have around here because somebody did something stupid (either the "guides" or the clients)...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts