The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I want to know if anyone can guess who made this gun and what it is chambered in? By the way it's my gun so I know all the stats of it.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
My guess.......which is strictly a guess......maybe an older Anschutz? Something like a .222 ?

Is that action sleeved? Sure looks like it.......looks like maybe double set triggers too?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
The only other thing that I can possibly think that it may be is a Schultz and Larsen? No clue on the chambering though....

·
Super Moderator
4,566 Posts
218 Bee or 219 Wasp.Unertal scope.Made by a guy called Hitler since it is a Mauser 98 action.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
diablo666 said:
218 Bee or 219 Wasp.Unertal scope.Made by a guy called Hitler since it is a Mauser 98 action.
Well diab you win as you have most of the info right!!!
It is a 219 Donaldson Wasp, built by (T&R) Taylor&Robins in Bradford PA. My Grandfather had many of these guns built by these guys and my father and I still have and shoot them.
This gun in the pic is my favorite as when my GF was into bench rest competition and finished 8'th in the nation with this gun in particular. It still shoots so well I can pick a spot on almost anything to 400 yards and take it out with high precision. I just love this old stuff.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
winchesterbob, this was back in the good old days, 50's through the early 60's. He traveled all over the US at that time,and long before I was even a twinkle in my fathers eye. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts