The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to sell some furs in a few hours

6 put-up fox (some small, but nice fur)
4 put-up ***** (caught a little early, and I'm not a pro at putting them up)
3 green ***** (caught later)
1 green possum (maybe worth a quarter
)
1 put-up muskrat (might make XXL)

Any armchair buyers want to guess my price??? I'll post the price when I get back

·
Super Moderator
12,806 Posts
if the coon put up is good i can see 250$ or so hard to tell but they all look like they needed fleshed more...dont worry, i am new to coon and mine dont look any better! lol not horrible..but not perfect..i dont know how mine or yours will grade yet..im banking on mine all being damaged to some extent..

figuring 30$ a piece on reds..im hearing higher prices on reds

8$ on the rat

1$ for the grinner

8$ a piece on green coon if they are big and nice..

let us know how you do!

remember...you put up the fur...if you dont like their offer take it home! can always ship it or take it to a NAFA drop off, try a different buyer, try later in the season and see what the market has done...

hearing coon market is supposed to get stronger..reds and rats are supposed to remain strong and do well...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might as well put in my guess. haha.

The fox on the right was only 6 pounds. The fox on the left was only 7 pounds. So they won't bring top dollar no matter how good the fur is. The coon put-up could be better, plus the 2 put-up ***** all the way on the right were road kills, so they'll probably be marked as damaged.

I'm going to guess $160-180

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Rain Man said:
wish you were my buyer. I'll be happy if it touches $200
if it makes you feel any better my first guess was $205. At 20/fox.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
final price: 167.50

4 fox @ 25 each (smaller fox. One made 13 lbs, the others were under 10 lbs)
2 fox @ 12.50 each (1 was very small and the other wasn't filled in nice, which I knew)
1 XL rat @ 4.50 (thought it should be higher)
4 early put-up ***** @ 5.50 each
3 green ***** @ 5 each

My earlier guess was 160-180, so for the quality I had, he was right there with the offer. I guess its hard to tell quality through a screen.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Rain Man said:
I might as well put in my guess. haha.

The fox on the right was only 6 pounds. The fox on the left was only 7 pounds. So they won't bring top dollar no matter how good the fur is. The coon put-up could be better, plus the 2 put-up ***** all the way on the right were road kills, so they'll probably be marked as damaged.

I'm going to guess $160-180
who did you sell to ?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Seems kind of low for put up coon. Heck ive been selling fat ones round for $5. A lot less work and I would donate the .50. Seems a little light but either way good job.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts