The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take the 20ga fowler for a walk this afternoon to my new place. Last snow I took a walk and found lots of bunny sign, so I was hopeful. Kicked some piles, with nothing running. I think I saw one running the hillside at one point, but even if it was a bunny it was out there for the smokepole. Ended up deciding to go for a walk on my parents property hoping to see a squirrel. Only thing I saw there was a deer that let me walk to within 20 yards while it was bedded. Even when it decided to get outta Dodge she just lopped away. Do they tell them when the season's over? Only thing that didn't fare well today was a bushpile I decided to unload the gun on. Guess it's a good thing I didn't see anything. First pull of the trigger was a flash in the pan. Teach me for not running a wire in the touchhole on a clean gun.

Time to clean the gun, hang it on the wall and put the accouterments away. Man I hope next year is better. This is officially the first year that I can ever remember that I didn't harvest anything. If it weren't for that deer on the last day of flintlock I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on a game animal.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
and Red Tag....

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I still have a couple weekends of the woodswalk league to shoot and will be on the range as much as possible

1 - 8 of 8 Posts