The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new grunt tube. Im just looking for some opinions on some of the ones on the market now. I have been using the Buck Growl for the last ten years and the reed has finally given out.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
My two favorite are the Primo's Buck Roar and The Brawler from Quaker Boy, both have great volume when needed to stop a buck at a distance or when it's windy.

·
Banned
813 Posts
I have used the True Talker from Hunter Specialties for years with excellent results. It use to be made by a small company in PA. and the only place I could find it was at their booth at the Harrisburg Outdoor Show so I would buy a new one every year. Then about 10 yrs ago HS bought it from them and you can now find it anywhere. I bet I have called in 50 + bucks in using it over the years, including my PA. buck this yr. which came in from blind calling.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I carry two calls and use both usually but very differently. Primos buck roar can be very loud which can be a plus. The other is HS true talker. It is the most real sounding I've used but I agree with ydog because deer are individuals. I think the when and how outweigh the what.

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
I had a knight and hale for years that worked great for me. It was made to inhale or exhale thru. It made a better grunt when i inhaled but was louder when i exhaled, kinda' like having 2 different calls. I lost it a couple years ago and bought something else, i can't even tell you what it is. Hasn't made any difference i still grunt in over half the bucks i shoot.

Btw, those inhale calls are made so they don't freeze up. Never had a grunt call freeze up but duck and goose calls have froze up many times on me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts