The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know im kind of a handy guy , I gun smith my own guns and stuff like that, but it really burns my brisket when the little tiny jobs don't cooperate .
Went in [email protected] to get wiper blades for my truck. I thought this time instead of getting the very cheapest I'll spent a few more buck and get Michelin .
So I released tension on the metal clip and pulled the old ones off ,, slid the new ones on NO CLICK that lovely click I've been hearing for years on the cheap ones. So now there just on there not locked into place . We are having a Storm now so had to go inside

With my old blades you didn't do the 45 degree thing
https://youtu.be/fcN_QnSrznk

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Shoulda bought Rain-X blades

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Take those wipers back to the store. Then, buy a squeegee and stick your hand out the window and clean the rain off manually. No wipers needed. Problem solved.

No need to thank me.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
atr said:
good ole boy said:
pahoytman said:
DUCT TAPE will hold them in place!

Problem solved
Nah,go with Krazy Glue.

That will work until its time to remove them
That,s why they make hammers. ;)If you just happen to take out the windshield in the process then your problem is solved permanent.Like Redd Green used to say.They might not find ya handsome but they,ll find ya handy.Keep your stick on the ice and from everyone at the Possom Lodge,so long.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
BCozhunter said:
pahoytman said:

Problem solved
Black electrical tape blends in better......
And unravel when you don't want it too and leaves a wonderful sticky residue that don't clean up

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
You obviously forgot step #1 before you began instillation: Make sure you're smarter than the wipers.

·
Super Moderator
28,534 Posts
That's what we refer to as the 10% rule. Ya gotta be 10% smarter than the equipment you're working with.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Wald Jager said:
BCozhunter said:
pahoytman said:

Problem solved
Black electrical tape blends in better......
And unravel when you don't want it too and leaves a wonderful sticky residue that don't clean up
Dont pull black tape apart. It will stretch, and since it is plastic, it will try to return to its original size. If you stretch it on the finish wrap, it will unravel. Wrap it on, cut it a little long like enough to go around whatever you are taping 1.5 times, let it relax a second, and finish the wrap.

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
Dont pull black tape apart. It will stretch, and since it is plastic, it will try to return to its original size. If you stretch it on the finish wrap, it will unravel
So, THAT'S the problem ! After all these years....

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
atr said:
Buckethead said:
You obviously forgot step #1 before you began instillation: Make sure you're smarter than the wipers.

Instillation? I didn't know this was a moonshining thread. So wipers is obviously code for guvmint revnewers with all that talk of taping em up. Slick code talkin atr. Whens the next batch runnin?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts