The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and buddy are going to his camp up in Fulton in hopes of getting a grouse or two. Does anyone hunt around or in wells twp. that can tell us if there's a good population around there? Were both beginners when it comes to grouse so any help would be appreciated. Will be taking my 1y/o gsp along for help also. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
There are some out that way in teh forest. You may be able to find one or two by chance. Finding good cover takes time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok good to know they're there...not sounding like its gonna be a great success rate. Even just to get to see or hear one would be nice!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hunted Fulton all my life and have seen tons of grouse. The common factor is they were all on mountain top properties. All the ones I have shot were on areas that were clear cut and are now growing back thick. Walk the logging roads as high to the top of the mountain that you can. Also a major success factor in my grouse and turkey hunting in Fulton is the wild grapes. Find grape vines and cover and you will find Fulton County grouse.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks bucks! Will be going to my buddies camp and he thinks he knows of some areas like this! Now the biggest problem will be getting him up there and in the woods! As for me and the dog were chomping at the bit!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have some family up 75 around Spring Run didn't know they were in that valley. Might hafta take a ride down that way to look around next time were up for a visit. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts