The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with all the bear hunters out driving and what not do you think that has any effect on grouse. Where I plan to hunt is a pretty common area for bear hunting.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
If there are a lot of people walking around or doing drives. The grouse will probably start flushing before you get close to them.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
TATERDAVID,
The Bear hunters definitely stirr things up as they do their drives, find a different area to Grouse hunt if they are in your favorite coverts. If you are planning to come up this way drop me a private message and I will help you out.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great offer pine. Someday I would love too.

Our camp is in prime bear territory but I prefer to grouse hunt right now. I have 2 areas I think will be good I just don't know if they have any effect. I am kinda a rookie grouser.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I am gonna do my thing and they will do there's. long as we are all safe and have fun all is good.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
TATERDAVID,
Best to keep your dogs clear of the Bear hunters if possible, be safe out there!
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't use a dog. I do things the hard way. Lol

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I took tuesday and wednesday off to go grouse hunting. I then realized it was bear season. I am not worried about disrupting a bear drive or a bear drive disrupting my grouse hunt.

However, I am concerned that my drahthaar would get shot. She's black and grey.

I decided to go pheasant hunting instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts