The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out Monday. I went to grassflat area. It was off of Peale rd. I believe I flushed one. Dog was on point when I came around the corner and heard the bird flying. Ok it was my first time out. My dog is almost a year old. I would like to get him on some birds. Anyone have any places where I should start? Even point me in right area. I have been doing some research. I'm not looking just for a ( hot spot). I wouldnt turn one down though. lol. The google maps woods all look the same. I can't tell what is young forest. Anyone hunt coaldale area? They planted a bunch of pine trees. I think where the old dump was. Thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Most of the old strip mines in the area are on private land. Some is posted and some is not. Alot of that land is owned by estate trusts someplace who do not actively manage the land, and the general public uses it for many purposes. I would drive around and look for promising areas.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. Going up Sunday gonna try to get the dog on acouple birds. Gonna hunt Monday and Tuesday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts