The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I went rabbit hunting solo as my son who was supposed to go was too stiff and sore from going skiing last evening. I didn't get any rabbits but saw a bunch of squirrels. This afternoon my son says lets go get them treerats you saw so we got the gear together and went. We were situated on top of a ridge overlooking a creek bottom. A squirrel finally appeared and he shot and missed. After about half an hour he spotted movement in the bottom by the creek. At first I thought it was a muskrat. It was busy doing something but we could'nt tell what. After awhile it got the best of us and we snuck down to get a closer look. Turned out to be a groundhog. Enjoy the pics and if anyone wants to enhance them or blow them up go ahead so you can better see them.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
You must have been shaking when you took the first pic LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Naah, I was about 30yds from it and I was afraid he would go into the hole so I put it on zoom and took the pic. He just went about his business so we went closer and we were about 10yds from him when I took the others.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
you seeing it is believeing. it's called change. he lost his home. thought he was getting a bailout. lost his job digging holes, can't get work his union got busted up some ground hog from who knows where is digging holes now...later

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
I don't think "Phil" appreciates these pictures...

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For all the fisherman, the stream is Kish Creek in Mifflin County, Brown Township.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
And it does have trout in it I KNOW

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Great looking land there! I don't see the whistlers out too often this time of the year...

I too am wondering if there's trout back yonder...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts