The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever see one go this high in a tree?

In this next pic if you look at the trunk where it splits you'll see just how high this thing went.The little brown spot going up the right side is the groundhog.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I think he seriously understimated the physics of coming down.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
thats awesome. i rememeber last year when one fell out of a tree while i was hunting. i was shocked, i never knew they climbed trees untill i got home an asked on here. great pics.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
That's cool!
The only one I ever saw up a tree was about 12 feet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So do they climb trees to avoid danger? Never saw one in a tree before, but then again, never really looked in a tree for one. lol

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I've seen them in trees before, I've even seen one sunning itself about 10ft. up on a powerline tower. I've never seen one as high as the one in your pic. Probably once in a lifetime right there.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
i have seen them in trees before, we got one on our property i have seen up a tree alot but never seen one that high

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I have seen them in trees a few times, but never that high. A couple of years ago I was fishing and heard something climbing a tree behind me, I thought it would be a squirrel. Turned out to be a 'chuck, and it climbed right out to end of the branches and started munching leaves. I guess I always thought they only climbed trees to avoid danger until I saw that. Cool pics BTW...

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
i was canoeing along tionesta creek once and saw 2 groundhogs in the same tree....i thought they were beavers cause there was branches falling left and right.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts