The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out over the weekend doing some bow hunting in n.y.s.
I have a ground blind set up over a well used trail and for the last few hunts I did not see a deer or bear.
I was out on Monday Morning in the ground blind and about 8;30 AM I hear a large blue bird behind me sound it like some one was hammering a nail into the tree,I did look to the rear and here he was beating on the tree bark:
I must of watch him for a least 2 to 3 min: and when I turned my head back to the shooting window there is a small basket 4 pointer looking into the blind window about 13 Ft. from me.I was shock he did approch the blind on a blind spot of the corner between the windows I never heard or seen him comming.I am sitting there bow in hand and tried to lean away from the window and i started to draw the bow back NO WAY he heard my elbow scuff the rear of the blind and it was all over.The blind works outstanding too bad i did not see him comming otherwise a 5 to 6 yard shot.

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i agree next year I will be in black.
I yet to see a blind that you can draw your bow and not be on a angle in the blind to get to full draw before getting on the game threw the window.I am also going to try to locate some black mesh material instead of the camo mesh(not to shoot threw) but like trying to only have enough of the window to getthe shaft threw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.