The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
28,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, someone gave me a pound of some stuff called "Ground Beef".
It looks a little like venison except it's kind of pale and got little white chunks mixed through it.
Are there any recipes available for this stuff? Can it be used as a substitute for venison? Is it actually good for anything, or should I just feed it to the dog?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I heard you can use that stuff for boot waterproofer once. I also heard if you put it in a glass of coke, it will dissolve the coke. One time I saw some of that stuff used for axle grease during an offroad rally race. It's got lots of uses, but I can't bring myself to eat it (provided there is ample supply of ground venison in the freezer)

·
Registered
164 Posts
DIYASUB said:
Recently, someone gave me a pound of some stuff called "Ground Beef".
It looks a little like venison except it's kind of pale and got little white chunks mixed through it.
Are there any recipes available for this stuff? Can it be used as a substitute for venison? Is it actually good for anything, or should I just feed it to the dog?

Don't eat that. It could kill you!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Sounds iffy to me. Who gave it to you? How big are the white chunks? Does it look like "Ground Beef" in the grocer's cooler? When it comes to any ground meat, I'm a skeptic. Ground meat can be mishandled so many different ways. When in doubt, throw it out!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Dude...it was a joke. now back to DIYASUBS usual programming LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts