The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Multiple media outlets including NFL.com reporting Gronk and a 7th rounder to Tampa for the Bucs 4th rounder.

Geezers Galore on that Gulf Coast!

Our main Pats fan simoncool has to be doing jumping jacks. Pats got a 4th round pick for a RETIRED player who was not going to agree to play anywhere but with Tommy B.

Bucs were bidding against themselves.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Multiple media outlets including NFL.com reporting Gronk and a 7th rounder to Tampa for the Bucs 4th rounder.

Geezers Galore on that Gulf Coast!

Our main Pats fan simoncool has to be doing jumping jacks. Pats got a 4th round pick for a RETIRED player who was not going to agree to play anywhere but with Tommy B.

Bucs were bidding against themselves.
I now have two favorite teams....gotta love the Brady/ Gronk connection!

I knew he'd be back....I just knew it!!:hiho:

Pats/Buc SB....closet thing we will ever see to a game with two Belichick coached teams.:grin2:

If anybody can get something fo' nothing, it's Bill B.

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Bruce Arians is not a coach who likes to use his TE very much. He didn’t do it when he coached the Cardinals and last year OJ Howard caught just 34 passes for 459 yards and one touchdown in 14 games. Howard is a stud who could’ve had a 1000 yard 8-10 TD season.

Maybe it’ll be different with Gronk.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to put it out there so simoncool could have his nirvana Super Bowl. That alone, reading the cool thoughts leading up to it, would be spectacular!

Heck, who would not be intrigued by that? Winston goes to N.E. and Bill makes him wear #12. Then they trade for O.J. Howard. Winston goes into the SB with 37 TDs and 5 picks.

Tight game until the end, when Brady suffers a walk-off 105-yard pick six as he's hit on the release by the SB MVP with five sacks in the game, the edge rusher Bill acquired at the trade deadline for his 2021 #1, #2, and 2022 #2 picks, none other than Bud DuPree.

Hey, I started crackin them early today, life in PA bites right now, so let me delude in peace, lol!

In all seriousness, who would not like to party with Gronk?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Who would ever thought, the Brady Bunch would be back on TV
Who would have EVER thought anyone would be dumb enough to give up a fourth round pick for a retired player. The rest of the NFL wonders why belichick wins every year. IT'S because there is always some idiot willing to give him something for nothing.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Gronks gonna be on a steady diet of protein shakes and whole chickens. Maybe a little carbo loading to boot....the boys gotta beef up!!!

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Who would have EVER thought anyone would be dumb enough to give up a fourth round pick for a retired player. The rest of the NFL wonders why belichick wins every year. IT'S because there is always some idiot willing to give him something for nothing.
I heard Belichick threw in Aaron Hernandez to clinch the deal....Bill always did like the 2 TE package :grin2:

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
T-4:23 and counting.....finally a live sports event to watch tonight, other than loridr's iracing....:grin2:

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Compared to what's been available lately.....a resounding yes!!!:smile_big:

The beer and wings are at the ready!!!
I guess when you put it that way, I’ll agree with you. I always thought that watching the draft was like watching paint dry but I know a lot of people like to watch it. Have fun and the beer and wings sound good. :thumbs:

·
Registered
114 Posts
On a warm summer's eve
On a train bound for nowhere
I met up with a quarterback
We were both old and tired
So we took turns a-starin'
Out the window at the darkness
The boredom overtook us,
And he began to speak
He said, "Son, I've made a life
Out of readin' receiver’s faces
Knowin' what the odds were
By the way they ran their route
So if you don't mind me sayin'
I can see you're out of first downs
For a look at your game plan
I'll give you some advice"
So I handed him my outline
And he looked it over
Then he bummed a cigarette
And asked me for a light
And the night got deathly quiet
And his faced lost all expression
He said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to retire…...…

With credit to Kenny Rogers, et al

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cutler who? That was written for a couple guys who still think they're in there 20s and in their prime.

Gotta know when to fold 'em. LOL

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Cutler who? That was written for a couple guys who still think they're in there 20s and in their prime.

Gotta know when to fold 'em. LOL
I don't know who your talking about.....Gronk is only 30 (not too far from 20's) and Brady never smoked.....:grin2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts