The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the impression that the cost of groceries was mostly due to the rising price of fuel. However, I have not noticed any reduction in prices at Giant that could possibly map to the reduced gas prices. Funny how a bump upward in gas prices immediately rises food costs and a lowering of gas prices has no downward effect.

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
Funny how that works.

The one that bugs me is having to prepay to buy gas when paying cash. When they started that they said it was due top the high price of gas and people driving off without paying. Now that the price has dropped you still have to prepay.
I usually like to top off my tank. but hate walking back in to get my own money and hate using a credit card for gas.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
The food was harvested at the high fuel prices. Because the cost of fuel went down today does not mean that the buyers for the stores got what it would cost today for a head of lettuce because it was purchased a year ago.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Varmintmist said:
The food was harvested at the high fuel prices. Because the cost of fuel went down today does not mean that the buyers for the stores got what it would cost today for a head of lettuce because it was purchased a year ago.
As quick as it browns/rusts, they must have received the lettuce a year ago!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I wonder if people who feel some prices should come down due to lower gas prices ,, would these same people take a reduction in there income ?? since they themselves pay less for fuel ?? or do they just want SOMEONE ELSE to get less money??

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
Dave2pa said:
I wonder if people who feel some prices should come down due to lower gas prices ,, would these same people take a reduction in there income ?? since they themselves pay less for fuel ?? or do they just want SOMEONE ELSE to get less money??
Hard to generate much sympathy for multibillion dollar oil companies. Yes, I would rather they take the hit than me.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Have airline fares dropped due to lower fuel prices?

·
Administrator
29,577 Posts
kudu58 said:
Dave2pa said:
Hard to generate much sympathy for multibillion dollar oil companies. Yes, I would rather they take the hit than me.
Are you mad at me? I have a few shares of Exxon, as do many Americans. Perhaps your anger about the high price of fuel, An anger which I share, would be better directed at the middle eat oil cartel Know as OPEC which sets the actual price of crude oil, and at the muslim rat who vowed to ruin the fossil fuel industry in the United States.

·
Registered
15,024 Posts
corn and soybeans are down 50% from 3 years ago. raw milk has dropped 40% in the last couple months.

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
DIYASUB said:
kudu58 said:
Dave2pa said:
Are you mad at me? I have a few shares of Exxon, as do many Americans. Perhaps your anger about the high price of fuel, An anger which I share, would be better directed at the middle eat oil cartel Know as OPEC which sets the actual price of crude oil, and at the muslim rat who vowed to ruin the fossil fuel industry in the United States.
Uhhh, how can I be mad at you when I don't even know you?????

And the last I checked some of those OPEC companies ARE some of the multi billion dollar companies that I mentioned. Again...

Where did the impression come from that I'm only talking American companies???

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
DIYASUB said:
Perhaps your anger about the high price of fuel would be better directed at the muslim rat who vowed to ruin the fossil fuel industry in the United States.
Are you talking about the one in the white house who won't sign the Keystone pipeline to insure an even greater flow of oil from Canada so we have to depend even more on OPEC???

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
They have 1000 reasons to raise prices.
There team of experts haven't found any reason
to lower prices.
I like how sometimes instead of raising a price
they make the package smaller, this should fool
those dumb shoppers

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Just jump on the bandwagon like the oil companies did. Price is what it is for no other reason than because they know were paying it.
Oil is selling for 50.34 a bar. today yet the price at the pump between Thursday night and yesterday morning took a .10 jump....reason because they know people will be driving for Easter and now that the temps finely cracked the 45 degree mark they need to make the more expensive summer blend of fuels.
With the winds we are having today maybe couple of the off shore drilling rigs may have to shut down for a few weeks for maintenance.....and lets not forget the supplies are down due to the severe winter we just had due to home heating oil needs.

Anymore its not worth even looking at the prices, all its going to make you do is run back into the store to buy TUMS.

·
Super Moderator
28,946 Posts
Birch812 said:
Anymore its not worth even looking at the prices, all its going to make you do is run back into the store to buy TUMS.
Which due to demand, also went up in price.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts