The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
They fly great the only difference is the cutting diameter is slightly longer and the point is longer. The razortricks are new for 2010 also fly great and are cut on contact so penetration is better.

·
Registered
21,564 Posts
I killed a doe with a grizztrick during the late 2008 season.Last year,I killed three more doe with them.Everyone was a passthrough.Everyone was still usable and every deer dropped within sight.They put a big,nasty looking hole in a deer but the orignal magnums kill them just as dead and just as fast.

I'm shooting a Hoyt Katera set up to hunt at 325 fps.My bow is tuned very well at all times and I can shoot the grizztricks and magnums interchangeable.

The Grizztricks are a great BH but I see no practical advantage to then over the original version.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I recently just shot the razor tricks and they were hitting the same place as my field points out to 30 yards. I have yet to hunt with them and will be trying others since i'm switching from mechanicals to fixed this year.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
i killed my buck with them this year...

they fly AWESOME out of a well tuned bow...

the hole they blow is pretty amazing...theres more cutting surface than the rage heads...and its a 4 blade hole that looks like a slug hit em....

i didnt have to track my buck, but im sure with a good hit, tracking would been pretty easy based on the holes they leave...

i wouldnt shoot them from a light arrow or lower energy bow though...penetration is likely to be killed from such a large cutting diameter/surface..but if your packin energy and a decent arrow weight, they'll blow you a big ole hole..

·
Registered
21,564 Posts
I've killed over 30 deer with various slick tricks and so far have only had to track one.A well placed,sharp BH should drop a deer within seconds.Albeit,a huge hole looks pretty cool but it's way over rated.I'll continue to replace the blades on my grizztricks and use them until I loose them but the good old originals works exactly the same.

I will say this.The grizztricks don't seem to make as much noise in flight as the originals.It may just be a figment of my imagination but that's the way it seems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts