The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever take a hand grinder and put a pulley and belt and attach it to a electric motor?

Had a thought, just wondering if anybody has done it

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I made one, as fast as you can feed it it'll grind it up

·
Registered
240 Posts
Could you take a couple of pics and post, so we can see what we trouble we're about to get ourselves into...
LOL

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I took a drill and hooked it up to a manual grinder before. All I did was remove the handle find a bolt that fit back in, cut the head off and chucked it in the drill. Use an electric drill, a cordless wont last long. It did a good job grinding the meat.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
EPointer said:
I took a drill and hooked it up to a manual grinder before. All I did was remove the handle find a bolt that fit back in, cut the head of and chucked it in the drill. Use an electric drill, a cordless wont last long. It did a good job grinding the meat.
good idea..

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
MDHogHunter said:
Anybody ever take a hand grinder and put a pulley and belt and attach it to a electric motor?

Had a thought, just wondering if anybody has done it
Yes, been using it for probably 12-15 years now. I put a 1/4 hp motor on it which is not powerful enough when you get some tough pieces in it. Use a 1/3 or 1/2 hp and a belt tensioner pulley might be nice. When mine jambs the small pulley at the motor spins on the belt. If I had one on it, it might not jamb as much. One of these days I'll rig one up. Oh and use a #32 size grinder, not a #22, it's not as big.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts