The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else at Grices this weekend? Was your typical Spring Sale zoo but I got the things I was after. A Heritage Rough Rider .22 pistol for trapping for $149 and a TC Venture Predator in 204 Ruger for $449 (with the rebate).

I wonder how many guns they sell during that? I can't even imagine the $ amount. While filling out the paperwork for the handgun I bet there was 20 other guys around me doing the same and some were just waiting on the background check results and it was that way the whole time we were there.

Bob's Army Navy wasn't much better but they had .22 shells. A 525 pack of Federal for $35 I think?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Until I hear that they have a good stock of CCI Standard Vel I won't bother to make the drive again. I drove all the way down there last summer and bought NOTHING!

You may ask how can anyone go in there and not buy anything... They had no 22's(no surprise) and every gun that I wanted to look at was either out of stock or didn't interest me. First time in a decade that I made the six hour drive for nothing. Well I did pick up a new orange hat at Mauer's on my way back.

The dollar value of what goes through there is sick.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
You couldn't pay me to go there during those sales.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The Federal 22LR at Bobs Army Navy were $29 with tax for 525. They definitely had some good deals at both places. It was crazy Saturday morning!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
My brother in law went Sunday and said it was packed. Asked him to pick me up a Nikon P300 BLK scope but, of course, they "never got them in."

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
We were in both Grice's and Bob's Sat. morning, a real zoo but we got some deals on ammo. I got 5 boxes of 9mm at around $13 a box and some of the .22's. Also got a pound of 4895 at Bob's. Got 3031, Rem 9 1/2M primers, some .45 auto and a few other things at Grice's. Parking wasn't bad and check-out lines moved pretty well.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
When I was working in State College a couple weeks ago, I made a detour through Clearfield and stopped at Grice's. They had about 30 bricks of standard velocity .22's on the shelf. Only 2 bricks of Remington ELY target .22's. I bought a brick of the standards.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Adam said:
Anyone else at Grices this weekend? Was your typical Spring Sale zoo but I got the things I was after. A Heritage Rough Rider .22 pistol for trapping for $149 and a TC Venture Predator in 204 Ruger for $449 (with the rebate).

I wonder how many guns they sell during that? I can't even imagine the $ amount. While filling out the paperwork for the handgun I bet there was 20 other guys around me doing the same and some were just waiting on the background check results and it was that way the whole time we were there.

Bob's Army Navy wasn't much better but they had .22 shells. A 525 pack of Federal for $35 I think?
Bobs had the heritage combo revolver for $159

·
Registered
473 Posts
Stopped at grices Saturday morning on the way to camp so my dad could get a charter arms snub nose. It was just starting to get packed at 9:30am. Sunday we stopped back at grices and then to bobs army navy. Bobs had the bricks of 22lr and better ammo prices. Plus bobs had free donuts and coffee

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We got there around 1030-1045 and it was packed then. The checkout line went from the register to the gun counter. By 1130 it was clearing out a little bit though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We went Friday night, and they were busy, but not a busy as previous years when I was there. The op was wondering about how much they make. Three years ago my grandpa bought a .17, and while he stood in line for almost an hour, he kept track of how much that one register took in. He roughly calculated $10,000 going into just that one register in an hour. I cant imagine how much they bring in during the entire sale.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
My friends and I were actually up there on the 21st and it was busy then. But it was a good time, my buddy was looking for his first handgun and wanted to hold and feel a lot of different guns. He ended up getting a good deal on an M&P 9mm. We both bought several boxes of 9mm for $13 a box. We got there first thing in the morning and the longer we were there the more packed it got. We went and got some burgers then went to Bob's, it was packed as well. Didn't buy any guns and ammo but picked up a new camelback and some wool gloves and hats for cold weather hiking. It was a good trip.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
We waited till Tuesday morning and went. There wasn't maybe a dozen people in Grices. All of the sale prices were still in effect, although they were out of .22s till then. We got everything else we went for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts