The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heading to Grice's this weekend? I was checking out their sale flyer last night, they have some pretty good deals going on.

I didn't buy one of the Sako A7's they had on sale this spring (599.95 blued, 649.95 SS) and have been wishing I had. They are on sale again (in limited cal's) and I think I am going to have to go up there Friday morning and get me one in 270WSM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,161 Posts
According to the flyer, the prices are good until Oct. 10th. I live right down the street, so I'm just going to wait a while and then go get my stuff in the next couple of weeks. No way in the world I'm getting in that mess this weekend. Plus with all the trouble they have waiting on you with only 5 or 6 customers in the store, I would take 2 hours to get any service when the place is crowded!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figure (at least I hope) if I get there fairly early Friday morning the crowd shouldn't be too bad. I'm sure Saturday it will be a mad house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,054 Posts
Jock,

I would call ahead if you want one of those Sako's. My cousin called the day the ad came out and they are holding one for him. We have done this several times so we don't waste a trip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
I don't do the labor day sale often.
Now I have not missed their march sale in years.
Sort of a tradition.
Sometimes a factory rep will give you a freebie if you know how to argue with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
glock3540 said:
Jock,

I would call ahead if you want one of those Sako's. My cousin called the day the ad came out and they are holding one for him. We have done this several times so we don't waste a trip.
Thanks for the tip. I will give them a call.

I was actually all set to go this morning then I looked at the add and saw that the sale didn't start till Friday. lol I'm only about an hour give or take ten minutes away but I would have been kicking myself in the rear if I would have drove up and found out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
planning to make it there at some point. Some of the sale deals are only good for the four days and others are good into October.

I've been thinking about owning the S&W AR in a .22 and they have them on sale for $369.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,643 Posts
Definatly call ahead. I had my eye on one of the Browning A bolts in a limited run of 284 Win, called yesterday and they don't have them yet and are not sure when they are getting them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,054 Posts
A lot of guys will complain about Grices but when they have a sale, we always call ahead with an order and it's ready when they get there. Saves a lot of hastle when they have their reloading sale and we have an large order of bullets/primes/powder. When we arrive at the store, everything is boxed up and ready for us. You don't have to fight the crowds at the counter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,314 Posts
BONZy said:
Definatly call ahead. I had my eye on one of the Browning A bolts in a limited run of 284 Win, called yesterday and they don't have them yet and are not sure when they are getting them.
I want one of those! I've toyed with the idea of getting a 7-08 and re-chambering it to 284 for years since I can't find a Micro Medallion in 284 for less than $1k....$700 would be a deal to me. Ain't gonna happen though....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
glock3540 said:
A lot of guys will complain about Grices but when they have a sale, we always call ahead with an order and it's ready when they get there. Saves a lot of hastle when they have their reloading sale and we have an large order of bullets/primes/powder. When we arrive at the store, everything is boxed up and ready for us. You don't have to fight the crowds at the counter.
I like grice , I like bobs army/navy.
Always hear some complaing tho , not as much as east coast tho...... wow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
968 Posts
BONZy said:
Definatly call ahead. I had my eye on one of the Browning A bolts in a limited run of 284 Win, called yesterday and they don't have them yet and are not sure when they are getting them.
I was thinking of getting the same rifle in both the 284 and the 358 and maybe the 257 too. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
I was there yesterday and it was packed like sardines in a can. Prices on the used rifles were pretty decent and I didn't look at any new ones, because I wasn't planning on buying one and didn't want to mess with the lines. Their ammo is exspensive. And their AR 15's were expensive. They had used ones in the upper $800's and lower $900's and they were junky manufacturers as well. I really didn't see any deals except on the used rifle racks.

Bobs had some ammo deals that weren't to bad, but they had some that were horrible to. Did find a good deal on a few .50 cal ammo cans--$9.50 a piece in mint condition. Dude told me they had a warehouse full.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top