The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through the sales paper and see some of the pistols have went up in price $10 to $50 since the January sale, and some of the powders have took a significant increase in price. IMR 8lb keg was $139, now $159, Alliant 5lb was $89, now $113.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I called them about a home defense 870 they had some but they dipped them ALL in some stupid zombie camo ??? which added 100 dollars to the cost ,why would anyone camo ALL the ones you have ???

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Dave2pa said:
I called them about a home defense 870 they had some but they dipped them ALL in some stupid zombie camo ??? which added 100 dollars to the cost ,why would anyone camo ALL the ones you have ???
Profit margin!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Grice does some weird offerings. I never could understand the maple or blue stocks on the special runs. Hardly ever buy anything form them anymore.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I used to take a vacation day just for their spring sale. Haven't done that for a while now. I was there a month ago on a Saturday and couldn't even get near a counter to talk to anybody. I can't even imagine the crowd that will be there this weekend. They have a scope I want on sale, but I'll wait a couple weeks and try to hit it on a weekday.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I'm sure it will be crazy busy on the sale weekend, but it's been steady busy every day of the week at any hour you go in there, for the last three months. On the bright side, I was there yesterday to grab a few things, and was asked three times if I needed something. That's more times than I've been asked in the the last three years combined!

·
Registered
20,874 Posts
LOL,I was there on saturday and one guy did actually ask me if I needed anything.Unfortunately I'm looking for a .17 hornet in either a Ruger or CZ and they seem to be non-existent.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I just asked them on Facebook as to whether or not they have everything in stock thats in their new flyer. They responded, yes for the most part.

I find that really hard to believe. I was up there when the previous flyer came out and they didnt have a single firearm in stock that was in the flyer, that I was interested in.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
They're one of the largest dealers around these parts. I have no doubt, if anyone can get it, they can. However, how much/many they have in sock, or how long it lasts is another question. Living reasonably close has afforded me the ability to find what I've needed for reloading over the past month or so. Got it all a different times, but at least I got it!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
They had some primers there last time I was in. Don't know what kind, lagre-smalll, pistol-rifle, etc. They did have a sign up that said "limit 200 primers, per household, per month". Not sure if that's the case or not. I had primers, so I didn't specifically look for any.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
7600 said:
I wonder if they have any .22 ammo.
you can probably ask the other 3500 people that will be ahead of you there looking for the same thing. i just got their flyer and would like to go up but i would avoid that madness like the plague. same as gunshows lately. too many people. i used to look forward to the gunshows and trips to grices. the crowds have ruined it for me. i will wait until next fall and maybe start going again.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
They had a fairly limited supply when I was there. Do you guys want me to stop in and check this stuff for you tomorrow?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Borden: If you stop in, please check and see if they have any XDm 3.8" compacts (the chopped grip) in 9mm. Would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
649 Posts
dce said:
LOL,I was there on saturday and one guy did actually ask me if I needed anything.Unfortunately I'm looking for a .17 hornet in either a Ruger or CZ and they seem to be non-existent.
How many you want ?

·
Registered
20,874 Posts
I'm not paying that.They should be in the $700+ range.I'd rather have a CZ.I have a place holding one if they ever come in.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Ouch, just because these shops feed our passions/addictions, doesn't mean they are our 'friends'. They (some)are taking advantage of this inflated sporting arms/ammo situation in a pure business sense.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts