The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Grice gun shop have any special run 7600's in 2013? I'd like to have a blued wooden stock 35 whelen carbine.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I've been after one forever...And Remington knows it.....At the very least they would make some money off of them....No idea why it doesn't come to pass...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I called Grice last week about the 7600 35 whelen. Not gonna happen any time soon. Your best bet is to find used or rebarrel a 760/7600. My 7600 308 is getting dropped off the 1st of the year for the make over.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
grice didn't do the 35 whelen carbine. rifles, yes but not carbines. near as i can tell they were made in small batches for export to europe. i know of 3-4 in the states. occasionally you will see one in synthetic/matte too. this is one of them i found NIB at a little country gunshop a few years ago. it is indeed sweet. the grices 35 rem carbine is on top with the whelen carbine below.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I've been tempted to get one of the 22" ones that are around and have the barrel cut and crowned. I won't say carbine on it, but I'll have my short barrel whelen. I want it to use it not as an investment or to sit in the safe, so I may get the bug to do it at some point.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder now if they are ever going to have any wooden stocked carbines of any caliber?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I think they're concentrating on maple stocked winchester bolt guns for the next few years. By the time they get around back to the pumps I'll be too old. I better start looking for that 22 incher to have cut down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts