The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
338/378wm said:
nitefox said:
I want to thank you for helping me get my line together for next year.my goal is 400 fox
well who is this greatest trappere?
Is that French?
You talkin about the best Canadian trapper?

Brown's not the only guy that catches those big numbers...
Might be the only one you hear of because he's the only one that posts on these forums..

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Rain Man said:
Well.....who gets more than 400 PA fox? Only Mr. Brown probably.

and he gets twice that number...
There's lots of guys who get more than 400 PA fox a season.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got zero.was in a three year retirement until now.HE WILL identify himself for helping me ....but he also may not.His choice.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Three year retirement.... And you were able to after those years, secure enough permission to yield a possible catch of 400 fox..
Wow.....

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
NoMojo said:
I don't ill be happy with 10. I am a small potatoes trapper. Lol
X2! With the price of fox at the auction this year, 5 fox would have been great! I got skunked on fox this year. The mink and coon were OK though.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Nittany Lion said:
trapperrick said:
How about 400 possum per year?
That would be about $2,000.
Wow Nittany, That means you average $5.00 a possum?! Where are you selling your furs at? I figured more like $400.00 for 400 possum.....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I agree that the most fur does not equate to the greatest trapper. I offer these two names, Ned Weston and Barry Warner they both have worked and done an enormous amount to promote and educate others on trapping and the outdoors.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I agree with these last statements.Alot of great trappers don't have the time or desire to make trapping into a numbers game.I enjoy trapping as a relief and don't have any desire to turn it into a job.We all know its hard work but to get big numbers it becomes a job;no thanks.Sharing your knowledge, to me, would make you a great trapper;not numbers

1 - 20 of 31 Posts