The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last two weeks I have had limited time to hunt due to Armed Forces Graduations. Of course coming from a military family, this takes priority over hunting. After getting home from Lackland AFB in San Antonio Texas on late Monday night I decided I still wanted to hunt in the morning. I got into the stand early. Actually to early! I was hunting with someone that had to leave early for an appointment. He drove me and I decided to stay in the stand until he returned for the evening hunt. At 11:30am a big doe came in from the east with a small buck following her. The doe didn't present me with a good shot. About 45 minutes later the buck started dogging the doe right to me and I was able to get a good shot on her!

I was seeing a lot of bucks this year but nothing I wanted to shoot! I don't consider myself a trophy hunter but as I get older I do find myself passing on younger bucks. I believe this came from seeing bigger bucks after I harvested younger ones. To each their own is my motto! Well after passing on 7 legal bucks I finally got a buck in that I wanted to shoot. He came in on a trail that a smaller buck was on not 15 minutes earlier. He's my second biggest buck since I've been hunting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts