The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was so awesome to be apart of this hunt with Tom. We worked hard and road hard for fore days. My body hurt so bad but we kept going. We had birds gobbling but they all had a lady with them. The last day of are hunt and almost out to the truck I said a prayer. We came up to a turn in the road and a pipe line. Tom's friend Dick made a call with his mouth call. I thought we would hear something because it sounded real good. I pulled out my deadly double and made a yelp and the big guy gobbled. We got set up me to the right and Dick sitting behind Tom. Dick made a couple clucks and I did some yelps. I knew after the second gobble we had him hooked. But we did not know he had a partner. I seen the first one come out and he was a big boy. I put my gun on him and waited. Tom waited then I seen why the old strutter came into sight. Then Tom shot and down he went. I have to tell you I had a tear in my eyes. This is why I went to Tom's camp to get him his first gobbler. A great hunt with one of the best guys in the world. Thanks Tom for one of the best week I have ever had and best hunts.

·
Premium Member
24,182 Posts
Congrats to you both

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Congrats on a great hunt!

·
Super Moderator
14,391 Posts
It was indeed a pleasure to be part of this hunt and watch Tom, both a good friend and fellow HPA member, harvest his first gobbler. It was one of those hunts where everything just worked out as if it had been planned that way.

Both Rick and Tom said their rear ends no longer hurt from the hours on the bike seat after the gobbler was harvested. I think they both fibbed just a bit about that though. I don't think either one of them knew just how long it takes to get the backside toughened into one of today's bike seats. All in all though they both did really well with their first big woods mountain bike gobbler hunts.

It was a real pleasure hunting with both Tom and Rick and they are both welcome to hunt with me anytime.

Now we just need Tom to get on here and tell the story from his perspective.

Dick Bodenhorn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts