The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a few pics and spread the good word about our hunt with Steve Pennington and the good folks at Florida Backwoods Outfitters. We could not have had a better time. This was the third leg in my quest to complete my grand slam with a Flintlock in honor of my Dad who passed away this March.

Our group scored five birds the first day and we saw dozens of gobblers on their 10000+ acres of ranch. Because they never hunt one area twice in a season they have alot of untouched birds. One of our group took a second bird with a double beard on Wednesday morning.

Besides the great hunting, we had amazing scenery, good accomodations, and great food prepared in an open air kitchen. A highlight was the swamp buddy ride through their 5000 acre ranch with several bald eagle nests and a nearly 100 year old visitor....:)

If their is any negative it is the simple but more than adequate accommodations. if you are looking for a fancy lodge then this may not be the right place for you, but the bed are good and the accomodations clean.

Steve "Ratso" Pennington is a great host and a knowledgable outfitter if your looking to get your Osceola...

GBJ

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Amazing adventure and great pics! Congrats to all of you on beautiful gobblers. GOD bless your family on your loss and may his spirit be beside you when you complete your quest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts