The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home for the weekend from school to hunt the first day of duck. Even with the rain I was able to manage a limit of woodies and mallards. I was able to take my girlfriend out in the evening for her first duck hunt. Her second shot ever at a duck she managed to fold a wood duck on her second shot. She now is wanting to go again. Looks like I now can get away with more hunting and hunting purchases.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Congrats, that is a fine opening day.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I came home for the weekend from school to hunt the first day of duck. Even with the rain I was able to manage a limit of woodies and mallards. I was able to take my girlfriend out in the evening for her first duck hunt. Her second shot ever at a duck she managed to fold a wood duck on her second shot. She now is wanting to go again. Looks like I now can get away with more hunting and hunting purchases.
Your girlfriend duck hunts!? Marry that woman! (if she'll have ya)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your girlfriend duck hunts!? Marry that woman! (if she'll have ya)
That was the first time she went out and now she loves it. She wants to go up to Presque isle to hunt the blinds. I also took her goose hunting last year for her first time and she ended up dropping one first shot. I cant tell you how many shots it took me to get a duck and a goose. With a better schedule for deer season and college this year, Ill be trying to get her her first deer this year. I actually used this as an excuse to buy a new gun lollll

·
Registered
196 Posts
That was the first time she went out and now she loves it. She wants to go up to Presque isle to hunt the blinds. I also took her goose hunting last year for her first time and she ended up dropping one first shot. I cant tell you how many shots it took me to get a duck and a goose. With a better schedule for deer season and college this year, Ill be trying to get her her first deer this year. I actually used this as an excuse to buy a new gun lollll
kwing if you are thinking about utilizing the blinds at PI you might want to think about joining the northwest duck hunters association , they do a lot for the area and help the park organize the blind placement and drawing , dues are really cheap 10 or 15 dollars, but remember the blinds are built and payed for by the individuals that won the draw. just food for thought.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kwing if you are thinking about utilizing the blinds at PI you might want to think about joining the northwest duck hunters association , they do a lot for the area and help the park organize the blind placement and drawing , dues are really cheap 10 or 15 dollars, but remember the blinds are built and payed for by the individuals that won the draw. just food for thought.
Whenever I go there I always bring back more trash than I take, which usually consists of a bunch of empties. Ill see about joining it. I may even see about entering for a blind next year. Past two years I have been up there havent had a lot of shooting but I hope to go up more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts