The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went pheasant hunting today, supposed to have 2 guys from work go but they had to cancel last minute. I took my 2 shorthairs and went anyway. got to the spot about 815 and after about 30 mins flushed a rooster which I hit but not hard enough I guess, sent the dogs in and the bird jumped and another hunter shot it. Ok, no big deal went the other way to try my luck, flushed a hen and down she went good dog work etc. Ran into a Man and his son out kicking brush looking to flush some birds I offered them to hunt with me and the dogs, the boy had never hunted behind dogs or killed a pheasant. Dog on point hen flushes and the boy shoots, dog retrieves to hand and I give it to the boy. The dad Ken is enjoying it all, then next point the bird flushes and dad shoots, again dog retrieves and they decide that it was time for them to go. I enjoy hunting over my dogs that is why I have them, and bonus to get a young man his first pheasant. I will never tire of days like this. Special nod to the PGC the birds were fantastic.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Real nice, man. I'm with you on the dog work, that's what gets me out there the most. I'd gladly take my dog out and just let somebody else do all the shooting. I just love watching good dog work.

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
That's great!! I haven't hunted pheasants in a long time.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Great day for you and your dog. Nice job helping out the father and son. I bet the boy will be talking to all his friends about the bird he got.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the good words and RyanR you are right I will gladly work the dogs and let someone else shoot.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Nothing like being with a youngster when they bag their first game. Thanks for being a true sportsman.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts