The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just curious about certain things that are on sale or a good price at the outdoor show in Harrisburg this year. I am really looking forward to it this year and I am all the time looking for good buys or must stop booths at the show.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Years ago I could always find some deals....not lately. Visiting with the outfitters is all that attracts me.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If you are in the market for waders there is a booth there that sells them with a one year warranty. Several years ago I bought a heavy duty set of chest waders for ~ $90. They would be at least $200 retail. I love the things for fall fishing and waterfowl hunting. I have had no issues with them. Some of the stuff at that booth looked a little old but there were a lot of good deals too.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Last year I got a great deal on an ER Shaw barrel for my 10/22 at their booth. Cash only, but the guy said they would rather get rid of stuff than have to take it back with them. I suspect others are looking to make sales like that too, particularly during the last weekend.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I would suggest going later in the day also, but you also want to give yourself enough time to see what you want to see. Last year I was able to talk the lady at the parking lot into letting me park for free since the show closed in an hour or two. The other downside is that many of the retailers also get tired of sitting in the booth all day, and might leave early or be out to dinner.

I've never done it, but I imagine that a weekday morning would be a good time?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would suggest going later in the day also, but you also want to give yourself enough time to see what you want to see.
That's what I was worried about, getting there late enough to miss prime crowds, but also having enough time to get through enough of the show.

To those who replied to my question, thank you for your suggestions!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just getting ready to order a Boyd stock but I’m gonna wait now til the show , maybe see what all they offer and make sure measurements are correct.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts