I bag them, get them wet, put them in the freezer for a few weeks. You better be ready to plant them as soon as you get them dried out when you take them out of the freezer. THe stuff will start to germinate if your room temp is high enough.
Went back to look at my notes... It's been a while since I did this.
Step1) Put seed in empty milk jug. FIll to top with water and put on lid.
2) Refridgerate for 24 hours
3) Pour seed into a kitchen strainer
4) Place seed in ziplock bags WITH DATE ON THEM!!!
5) REFRIDGERATE 4-6 weeks. DO NOT go over 6 wks or germination rate will drop significantly!!
6) Plant immediatley if not sooner. Mold will be growing on the seed. This is a good thing. It actually helps with growth.
This process is called Stratification. It is a bigger help if you are doing it for a spring planting since winter time causes this to occur naturally but I have found that every little bit helps when planting NWSG.