The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pap's 16 ga Ithaca accounted for two more today. I've been using it exclusively this year. Can't believe I let it sit in the safe all these years.

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
July was 23 years since I lost him. I don't think a day goes by I don't think about him.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I started out with my Paps Ithaca 12 ga sxs...took a lot of rabbits,squirrels and a few pheasants with that gun...I miss my pap everyday too buckethead...GREAT MAN

·
Registered
566 Posts
Jealous, I really want a double barrel 16ga. Take care of that gun and you will be able to pass it on to your grandkids.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
BH,
Beautiful little bird gun, welcome to the double gun world, your Grandpa knew his stuff!
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
300 Posts
No better guns than grandads. think of it this way, he kicked around the earth a while, shot many guns.... theres a reason he kept that Ithaca

·
Registered
132 Posts
probably "a lot of us" out there are in the same boat.

Grandpa, check
Ithaca, check
12 gauge, check
but in my case, it's a 1949 M37 with poly choke
my grandpa taught me to shoot and hunt.

And to flip my world upside down, just this week, my father-in-law gives me 4 guns for Christmas. I was flabbergasted. 3 of them were his fathers and the other was his when a youth. I am anxious to try a few out soon, and the first will be a Ithaca double barrel 12 gauge when pheasant comes back in!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts