The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
What a tool. 1 season then he bails. Pitt should know better. It like being mad when your wife cheats on you, when she was seeing someone else when you picked her up.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
What a tool. 1 season then he bails. Pitt should know better. It like being mad when your wife cheats on you, when she was seeing someone else when you picked her up.
Exactly

·
20,127 Posts
Yep. Arisona State better start looking for it's next coach right now so he's ready to get when Graham leaves next off season. I agree though....I dont think anyone, including the players, are too upset to see him go.

Bradley is a scarey propostion though. There is a cloud looming over him with what he knew and didn't know about this Sandusky stuff. To me he is a redioactive for a little while even though I think he is perfect for the job.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't it time we stop blaming the entire Penn State university for the acts of one person. Until there is proof that Bradley had knowledge of Sandusky's actions, he shouldn't be looked upon any different than any other coach.

·
20,127 Posts
dennis h. said:
Isn't it time we stop blaming the entire Penn State university for the acts of one person. Until there is proof that Bradley had knowledge of Sandusky's actions, he shouldn't be looked upon any different than any other coach.
I am in full agree but that isn't reality. There is a lot at stake for a school like Pitt to hire Bradley only to have it come out that he knew full well about everything. It's a PR nightmare that you just can't take a risk on. Ya it stinks but it's reality. The Press rules the earth and there's no way to fight it. Just have to get back in line.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
At least he did something high octane. Wonder if Wannstedt is doing anything? He doesn't look too bad now, does he?

·
Registered
20,675 Posts
Trout 2003 said:
dennis h. said:
I am in full agree but that isn't reality. There is a lot at stake for a school like Pitt to hire Bradley only to have it come out that he knew full well about everything. It's a PR nightmare that you just can't take a risk on. Ya it stinks but it's reality. The Press rules the earth and there's no way to fight it. Just have to get back in line.
That is true. And Pitts track record for picking new coaches is tarnished as it is. Bradley might be a good pick, but they need a safe pick.

·
Registered
20,675 Posts
One year, he goes 6-6 and is headed for the bozo bowl. How does that boost your resume enough for Arizona State to hire you? There standards must not be too high.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Only cowards do things like Graham did.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Graham's nothing more than a carpetbagger/snakeoil salesman.
He'll have a tough time trying to convince recruits he's in it for the long haul.I believe 2 days after her signed an extension at rice he left.Coach Bradley shouldnt give Pitt the time of day jmo.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Not after what Pitt pulled last year. If they want him, he should give them one set of terms, take it or leave it. But hey, I guess JoePa is available too, lol.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Honestly, good riddance. Did he win any national titles at Tulsa? Did he win here? Doesn't sound like it is all the fault of the players. Moving forward, if Pitt is serious about improving the football program, they need to pony up some coin and get a top tier coach, regardless of where he comes from. Is Bradley the guy? I don't know, but this nonsense of trying to find diamonds in the rough is what got them Haywood, then Graham. Alabama pays Saban a kings ransom, but they are consistently in the top 5. Pitt wants to get by cheap, and have someone Petersen can keep under his thumb. No decent coach will work under those conditions.

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Honestly, good riddance. Did he win any national titles at Tulsa? Did he win here? Doesn't sound like it is all the fault of the players. Moving forward, if Pitt is serious about improving the football program, they need to pony up some coin and get a top tier coach, regardless of where he comes from. Is Bradley the guy? I don't know, but this nonsense of trying to find diamonds in the rough is what got them Haywood, then Graham. Alabama pays Saban a kings ransom, but they are consistently in the top 5. Pitt wants to get by cheap, and have someone Petersen can keep under his thumb. No decent coach will work under those conditions.
Well said!!

·
4,246 Posts
I'm not so sure they shouldn't start to think about the AD position as well. Pederson has hired some good caoches in all sports but there are only two sports that bring in big money for Pitt and football is going way down hill.

IMO Graham should be ashamed of himself. If you listen to his speech that he gave the Tempe media it is very similar to the one he gave Pittsburgh media a year ago. Isn't this his fourth team in six years? I truly hope that it hurts his ability to recruit.

I don't like a spread offense anyhow, so I am glad he is gone. He pushed "High Octane" so hard and a lot of people bought into it but in reality he never had the playerrs for it. These players were recruited for a pro style offense and stood little chance of performing up to Graham's hype.

If Pederson and Pitt want to make it right they need to spend some money and bring in a name.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Not a Pitt fan, but I think their chances of getting a higher profile coach is better since they are leaving the little east and joining the ACC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts