The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best GPS to get? Most accurate and most usuable features?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Garmin, i have a colorada. I also have a magellan sport trac.
The garmin in more user friendly but your heading arrow jumps around a little and can get confusing.
The magellan is not as user friendly but is more consistant with your heading arrow.
I started carring a compass recently due to my GPS letting me confused. Its nice because it shows you track so you can always go off your track (what you walked already), as long as you have a compass.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Garmin 60csx and get the Topo US 24 K. Plus a cigerette lighter cord for in the car. Search the net and your looking @ $425 for all. I love mine. Overall it had the best reveiws on all the sites I checked.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
huntRoddyG said:
Garmin 60csx and get the Topo US 24 K. Plus a cigerette lighter cord for in the car. Search the net and your looking @ $425 for all. I love mine. Overall it had the best reveiws on all the sites I checked.
Yeah, I too own the 60CSx. I really love that unit! Sadly, the 60CSx is dis-continued! But you can still find them even cheaper than what you posted!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Garmin 530HCx
radio, waypoints, weather, gps
Awesome unit.

Retails for 499 but can get it refurbished, with total warranty from pcnation for 289 or so

1 - 13 of 13 Posts